In a devastating incident on Sunday afternoon, a three-year-old boy tragically lost his life after falling from an apartment building on Donald Street in Ottawa. The Ottawa Police confirmed the heartbreaking news of the child’s death in a post on their official Twitter account. The boy succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, despite the best efforts of emergency personnel.
Details surrounding the incident are still being investigated as authorities attempt to understand the circumstances that led to the fatal fall. The Ottawa Police stated that supports are being put in place to assist the grieving family during this difficult time.
When paramedics arrived at the scene, the young boy was found without vital signs. They immediately initiated resuscitation efforts and rushed him to the children’s trauma center. Sadly, his vital signs remained absent upon arrival.
According to Ottawa paramedics, a window screen was discovered on the ground near where the boy fell, while one was reported missing from a window on the 16th floor of the 19-floor building. However, an eyewitness at the scene claimed that the boy had fallen from the 18th floor. The exact distance of the fall has yet to be confirmed by the police.
As the investigation continues, the community in Ottawa comes together to offer their condolences and support to the grieving family. This tragic incident serves as a heartbreaking reminder of the importance of child safety and the need to remain vigilant when it comes to potential hazards in high-rise buildings.
1. What happened to the three-year-old boy in Ottawa?
– A three-year-old boy tragically fell from an apartment building on Donald Street in Ottawa and lost his life.
2. What is being done to support the family?
– Supports are being put in place to assist the grieving family during this difficult time.
3. Was the boy’s fall accidental?
– The exact circumstances and cause of the fall are still under investigation by the Ottawa Police.
– Ottawa Police: [URL]
– CTV News Ottawa