Two Arrested After Man Injured in Stabbing Incident

Two individuals have been taken into custody following a stabbing incident that left a 40-year-old man with serious injuries. The local authorities responded to a call reporting the incident which occurred at approximately 1.30am on Friday in Cherry Sutton, Widnes, according to CheshireLive. The victim was promptly taken to Aintree Hospital for medical treatment and has since been discharged.

The suspects, a 41-year-old man and a 35-year-old man, were arrested in connection with the incident and have subsequently been released on bail. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident is still ongoing, with detectives urging witnesses and individuals with video footage related to the incident to come forward and assist in the inquiries.

Detective Sergeant Paul Munnerley, leading the investigation, emphasized the importance of gathering as much information as possible: “We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone who witnessed the incident or possesses video footage. Those who have witnessed the attack but have not yet spoken to the police are encouraged to reach out to us.”

For individuals with information regarding the incident, Cheshire Police can be contacted at 101 or through their official website quoting reference IML 1656050. Alternatively, anonymous tips can also be provided via Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: When and where did the stabbing incident occur?

A: The incident took place in Cherry Sutton, Widnes at approximately 1.30am on Friday.

Q: How old was the victim?

A: The victim of the stabbing incident was a 40-year-old man.

Q: Have the two suspects been released?

A: Yes, the two individuals arrested in connection with the incident have been released on bail.

Q: How can witnesses and individuals with video footage help?

A: Witnesses and individuals with video footage can provide valuable information to assist in the ongoing investigation. They are urged to come forward and contact the police.